Aheh or Eheh or Eh Eh or Eh are often heard when talking to the Naija....

A sign of confirm or mere saying "I hear you and understand".

Come to think of it, everyone does it... No? Different sound, same meaning...I use "ek" or "uhuh" or even "mmmhmmmm" a lot!

Sunday 25 September 2016

NIGERIA: Lagos: Eid al-Kabir / Eid ul-Adha 2016 (Part 1)

This would be our second time celebrating Eid al-Kabir/Eid ul-Adha (click here) in Lagos, Nigeria. Alhamdulillah, thank Allah this year we were able to participate in the Qurban (sacrifice of livestock during Eid ul-Adha). 

In the morning of Eid, I went to my usual masjeed near Awolowo Road. The jama'ah (congregation) this year is much bigger and even the imam took his time before we began to perform the solar (pray). It was not until 9.30am and still, throngs of people entered the area we performed the solah so special, only twice a year according to the Islamic calendar. 







The sermon the followed afterwards were short but full of reminder from the imam, but the main point were to renew and steadfast to Islam and Allah almighty. 

At home, I received these images....






Alhamdulillah, my wish had been carried out by my friend although it would be better if I were there to do it, next time I told myself. In Malaysia, the qurban would be performed at the masjeed (mosque) usually. Here in Nigeria, anywhere...and so it was Obalende I choose to carry out the ritual. Why? I had my reasons but I am happy. The meat were distributed accordingly and I just took a small portion of it. 

The best is yet to come..... our extended Malaysian family coming over to celebrate together, just like last year. Again, it's time for makan-makan (eating)..ahehhhh



No comments:

Post a Comment